FRSPH, FRSA, MInstLM, ASET.
At the age of 10 I joined St. John Ambulance and became hooked on First Aid training. This enthusiasm has never left me. From college I worked and completed my training in the Operating Theatre at The Thames Valley Nuffield Hospital. I completed my City and Guilds training in Operating Department Practice through Thames Valley University and graduated in 1999. During my training my interest in Pre Hospital Care continued, whilst at The Nuffield Hospital I was contacted by a private health care company and was invited to work on a freelance basis providing emergency ambulance cover and tutoring services.
After about 12 months I was invited to take up post as their senior training consultant and operations manager. During my time with this company my reputation began to grow as a Tutor, I received many requests to provide training of my own and so I decided to move on.
It was from there that my business partner and I formed ABC Medical Services (Reading) Ltd. ABC Medical has been a huge success story for me and we now run regular training courses at our Medical Training Centre based at Reading University. We also provide on site training courses and ambulance services to local authorities, public and private sector companies throughout the country.
Now that the company is established and working well I am in a position to offer freelance services.
My Qualifications and Registrations include:
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- C&G Operating Department Practice
- QUALSAFE Approved Trainer, Assessor & IQA for QCF Level 2 & 3 Courses
- Royal Life Saving Society UK Approved First Aid Trainer & Assessor
- Registered Tutor with The Society for Education and Training (ASET)
- Registered Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (REMT-A), registration number 788425.
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Professional Trainer Certificate.
- CIEH Registered Trainer (Trainer Number 027899)
- Anaphylaxis Trainer, The Anaphylaxis Campaign. Accredited by The Royal College of Nursing.
- Registered Instructor with The Emergency Care and Safety Institute
- Epilepsy Awareness and Diazepam / Midazolam Tutor
- Operational First Responder, South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust.
- Elected Fellow of The Royal Society for Public Health (FRSPH) April 2009
- Elected Fellow of Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA) October 2008.
- Full Member of The Faculty of Pre Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Member of The Institute of Leadership and Management
- Member of The Institute of Remote Health Care
- Medical Gasses (Sough Central Ambulance Service)
- AED (South Central Ambulance Service)
- Laryngeal Mask Airway Instructor
- Member of The Ambulance Service Institute (MASI)
- Member of The Association of Professional Ambulance Personnel
- EMT Member of The College of Paramedics
- Full Enhanced DBS